Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lost: The Final Season

My homepage is Whedonesque.com and they posted up a news item that said “6 Ways the Final Season of Lost is Just Like the Final Season of Buffy” so I clicked on it. I read the Kyle Buchanan penned article on movieline.com and while I knew nothing about Lost, I am well-versed on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.


I watched the first season of Lost because its creator, J.J. Abrams, created one of my favorite shows, Alias. I found the show to be really interesting but slow moving. I stopped watching because, except for Alias, I couldn’t commit to watching a show religiously week after week. I was enjoying getting seasons of shows from Netflix and watching a bunch of shows all at once without commercials.

After reading the article, I know that the last season might be ‘just like’ the last season of Buffy but the hype of the last season has me excited to re-watch the first season along with all the rest. Buchanan describes both shows as ‘mythologically dense’ so I’m looking forward to diving into Lost one of these days.

I’m looking forward to being one of the millions of fans who really dig the show.

Of course I said that about Battlestar Galactica and I haven’t watched the first season yet. But when I do, I’ll let you know how that goes.


I know the final twist: all this happens in a cereal box!!

No comments:

Post a Comment