Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Amber Benson signing at Mysterious Galaxy

Tonight I went to the Amber Benson signing at Mysterious Galaxy. She was there promoting Cat’s Claw, her second novel in the Death’s Daughter series. It was a really laid back appearance where the crowd peppered her with questions and she answered them all, telling stories and joking with us.


There were only about 30 of us which was enough of a crowd to keep asking questions but small enough that when it came time to sign, she spent about four or five minutes with each of us. I talked to her about her new flick, Drones, and let her know that I was at her San Diego screening of Lovers, Liars, and Lunatics. She told me (as she’d told all of us during her talk) that they’re screening it in LA in April.

My hope is that the film will premiere the weekend of Wizard World Anaheim so I’ll already be there.

I really enjoyed my five minutes with Amber and hope that one day I’ll get to tell her the story of how she turned my into a Buffy fan. But chances are, you guys will hear that story before she does.

Anyway – the signing was awesome and I had my usual great time with Amber Benson. And if you’re ever in San Diego, Mysterious Galaxy has five or six signings every month by big time authors like Amber, Neil Gaiman, Joe Hill, Jeffery Deaver, etc.
Amber and Speedball - awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment