Tuesday, September 4, 2012

BAMF Girls Club Review



I watch a variety of web series’ on the internet but the BAMF Girls Club has caught my attention in a big way. Six big pop culture characters are moving in together: Hermione from Harry Potter, Katniss from The Hunger Games, Bella from Twilight, Buffy from (what else?) Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Michonne from The Walking Dead, and Lisbeth from The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy. These are all characters I’m not only familiar with but fans of so I couldn’t wait to hear these characters banter – and I wasn’t disappointed.

In the first two episodes, Katniss kills a wolf for dinner who turns out to be Jacob, and Buffy demands no vampires be invited into the house despite Bella whining about Edward possibly visiting. The dialogue is funny and rich with inside jokes from each character’s universe. I love the actresses playing the characters and committing to them completely.

You need to check out the videos on the Comediva website and get hooked. If the Comediva’s are reading this, when this series is over, I desperately need a DVD for my shelf to put next to my Buffy: The Chosen Collection…or the Dragon Tattoo Extended Edition…or with the Walking Dead Season 1 & 2…I have to give this a little more thought. In the meantime, they’ve got hilarious shirts in their store and a lot of great videos to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment