Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Avoiding Twilight (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) Spoilers

Since Buffy Season 8 was announced I was excited. I craved new stories featuring the characters I'd had fun getting to know and couldn't wait. As it turned out, the books were not only amazing but had great interaction, action, and twists that built on what we already knew.

When Twilight was introduced, I just thought he was another big bad. I didn't think much of it. And then whedonesque.com started posting spoiler alerts that Twilight's identity had been revealed. I thought it might have been a joke or a red herring but I didn't want to click anyway. Then came the articles interviewing the writers about the accidental review.

I didn't click on the articles but the spoiler free description said the reveal was on the solicitation for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #32 and had the mask half off. I saw the cover (I get Previews every month) and saw the face. It could still be anyone. I don't know who people think that is but all I get from the cover is 'white dude.'

Personally, and if this turns out to be correct it could be a spoiler, I still think it's Ethan Rayne. He was never evil in the big bad way but he's powerful in his own way but not powerful enough to take on an army of slayers which would explain why he's assembled Buffy's surviving rogues gallery.

Incidentally, while we're on the subject of Buffy and her rogues. What's up with Harmony being in the Buffy books? No way she got out of Los Angeles before it went to hell. She takes off about a half hour before Angel bitch slaps a dragon (or befriends it, whatever).

Anyway, that's my take on the spoiler articles about the reveal. Hopefully the people who think they know the identity will be surprised when the issue drops. I'll be watching the board AFTER I read the book.

One down, loads to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment