Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Toys R Us Exclusive Star Wars Vintage Millennium Falcon




I'm riding on a renewed wave of interest in Star Wars. I've added the new "Star Wars" from Dark Horse Comics featuring the original cast to my pull list, I'm re-reading the complete run of Star Wars Legacy, and I'm taking time to look at Star Wars figures at Toys R Us instead of blowing right past them on the way to Marvel Universe figures.

I was in Toys R Us the other day when I came around a corner and almost ran right into their newest exclusive: The Vintage Millennium Falcon. I was really excited until I saw the price: $250. I looked the box over and I was trying to figure out if it was the Millennium Falcon that could fit four figures in the cockpit. The box said it came with 2 figures but didn't say which ones. A $250 dollar Millennium Falcon isn't an impulse buy so I left the store empty handed.

I checked the internet for information but toysrus.com had an extremely vague description of the toy. I had to go to other news sites to see what they were saying about it. It was the huge Falcon they had a few years ago for the Legacy series and came with the same two figures: Han and Chewie.

According to the internet, this is a re-release of the Legacy collection’s Millennium Falcon which has:

* Light-up headlights and loads of electronic vehicle and weapon sounds – engine boost, cruise mode, fly-by, firing cannons, and more

* Opening, light-up cockpit can fit up to 4 figures. Vehicle includes Han Solo and Chewbacca and can hold up to 18 figures

* Remove outer panels to access the ship’s interior, then head for the medical bay to treat wounded Rebels

* Secret smuggling compartments to hide from Stormtroopers

* Boarding ramp with auto-opening action, deployment sounds and landing lights

* Pivoting gunner station to target Imperial fighters

* Light-up hyperdrive lights and authentic movie phrases and sounds from favorite characters: Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, C-3PO, Chewbacca and R2-D2

* Rotating laser turret fires 2 missiles and makes weapon sounds; ship also features a 3-missile launcher with blasting sounds, and a cannon that launches a “laser” missile

* Missile-firing mini-fighter fits inside an opening docking bay that makes electronic boarding and flight sounds

* Pivoting training probe makes lightsaber and movement sounds – learn the power of the Force

* Illuminated Dejarik table with holographic creatures – let the Wookiee win

The Millennium Falcon however, isn't just my favorite spaceship of all time, it's also something I had as a kid (the smaller version). Still, I regretted not getting the Legacy version the first time around so I was determined not to miss out on this. I had a coupon for 20% off one item at the store so I went and bought the Millennium Falcon for $200. Last year I bought the deluxe AT-AT which I'd never owned as a kid so for those of you who are counting (Just me? That's cool.) that's two Star Wars vehicles I have now. I'm even thinking about getting the Target exclusive Landspeeder on ebay.

Yes, I'm excited about Star Wars again and I imagine that I'm not alone.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought this too. I'm keeping mine boxed for some time. I'm currently a grad student and have a 1.5 yo son that would completely wreck this should he get the chance. Perhaps I will wait until he becomes of age to open this with him. Though it's finally mine, I stare at the box every day with a sigh of despair and longing.

    ReplyDelete