Saturday, February 18, 2012

Disney Parks Exclusive: Muppets Star Wars figures

A few months ago, I found out about Muppets Star Wars figures and tried to find a way around getting them from eBay because they were anywhere from 100 to 200 dollars for the set. The Disney site didn’t sell them and everything I read said that the only way to get them was to go to Disneyland in Anaheim or Disneyworld in Orlando. But nothing I could find told me how much they were so I could see how fair the prices on eBay were so I gave up on getting a set.

Then my friend went to Orlando for a conference and then planned on going to Disneyworld. I asked him to pick up a set if he found them and I set aside $60, thinking each set would be about $15 each. When he came back to work, he didn’t bring a giant bag in with him so I figured he wasn’t able to find them. I came back from a meeting to find my desk filled with Muppets Star Wars figures. The whole set!

Each set is $20 ($80 total) and a lot of eBay sellers have the set starting at $100 which was reasonable, I just didn’t know. Still, I was able to get the set without going through eBay and paying the extra charge and shipping.

I bought a basketball display cube, used two card boxes as risers (and to store accessories I didn’t display), and set up a Muppets Star Wars figures display. I’m a big fan Star Wars and Muppets so being able to purchase the figures at their regular price was a big score for me and the display looks great.

For those who don’t know, the figures are about 4 inches tall and come in the following sets:

Kermit the Frog with Miss Piggy as "Luke Skywalker" & "Princess Leia"
Fozie Bear with Link Hogthrob as "Chewbacca" and "Han Solo"
Dr Bunsen Honeydew with Beaker as "R2-D2" and "C-3PO"
Sam the Eagle with Gonzo and Camilla as "Darth Vader", "Obi-Wan Kenobi", and a "Stormtrooper"

If you don’t have a friend going to a Disney Park, now you know the base price so you can see if you can find someone selling the set at a reasonable rate.

Good hunting!
 My Muppets Star Wars figures display

No comments:

Post a Comment